FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Is Rouge really bad? Is there any way to fly to USA without Rouge?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:30 pm
Genetk44

Originally Posted by moorw003
I flew from Athens to Paris the other day on Aegean. That's a 3 hour flight on a plane with basically the same layout. Same uncomfortable seats, same nonsense business class. (Actually worse, because eco seat pitch is 30, business 33), same middle seat blocked out. Actually, I believe the seats might be 1 inch wider, with the blocked middle seat 2 inches narrower. So if you are on an all economy flight, in the middle at the front, you get 15.5" width

Thing is, it's not nonsense. Pretty much every airline in Europe uses it on Euro flights. Ryanair are always cited, and they are the worst because you can't recline your seats and they don't even have a business class. But BA, Air France etc all the carriers have the same layout or principle, and each airline is the same for comfort.

No it isn't comfortable. Yes all the complaints are valid and the seat pitch and padding is very low. I somewhat suspect and fear that over the next few years, all North American airlines move towards this.

That will be bad for business flyers, because in Europe, all the "business seats" are similarly priced to "proper J" and they are all filled. So why wouldn't North American carriers do it?

The questions you have to ask now though, whilst carriers are not like this are thus.

1. Are there alternative airlines. Yes there are, so you have choice.
2. All European travellers do this every day. Do they still travel and fly. Yes, and they're all still alive

Be grateful you have choice is my best advice
I agree with you 100%.....I'm convinced that the NA carriers are going to go the same route as the Europeans....unfortunately...and so we will lose our choice.
I'm just hoping that at some point there will be a flyer revolt....in the meantime I find it disheartening how the average person is willing to accept the continued downgradeing of product and services by corporations.