FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old Jun 17, 2014, 4:54 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CVG_Kid
I'm looking forward from my first four cards to the next four. The first four resulted in 10k Elite Qualifying Miles toward status with American Airlines. Per the terms this is a one time annual award per frequent flyer account.

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to create a second frequent flyer account with American for cards 5-8 with the intent of earning the 10k EQM under a new frequent flyer number and then merging the two accounts after doing so in hopes of a resulting 20k EQM credit?

I'd be interested in experiences if you have. Thanks.
Before you dream up of any scheme to try to game AAdvantage, you should venture out to AA forum and see how aggressively AA is handling offenders who violate the program rules. Your scheme is clearly one of such.

If you want to keep your AA account and the miles in it, you may want to think twice on this scheme.

Merging account numbers because multiple accounts being created innocently, is one thing. That happens if the bank has created an account for you as an example. Deliberately creating multiple accounts to game AA? Good luck for not being audited by AA when EQM is involved.