FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Father's Day Trail Ride in Denver
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2014, 3:37 pm
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Father's Day Trail Ride in Denver

With Mrs. SFO777's recent (and successful) back surgery, I've been grounded for six weeks. OMG, talk about airport withdrawal. In the interim, we do some different things locally. While she continues to recouperate at home, SFO777jr and I decided to ride horses today and go on a trail ride. Only 15 minutes from our house is Cherry Creek State Park and 12 Mile Stables. Other than the urban sprawl to the east, it's a step back in time. Cherry Creek State Park is a relaxing and beautiful park in Denver's southern suburbs.

And naturally the obligatory airplane pic, on approach to Denver Centennial Airport (APA).

So here we were, minding our own business, just chilling and waiting for our horses when our riding mates arrived. Happy Father's Day!

12 Mile Stables
Aurora, CO
1:30PM Trail Ride
1:30P-3:00P (sked)
1:45P-3:20P (actual)
June 15, 2014
Horses 4 (Stretch) and 5 (Roy)

We joined our trail mates... and headed out to take in the beautiful scenery and a relaxing 90 minute ride around Cherry Creek State Park.

And since it was Father's Day, SFO777jr insisted that I take the #4 position in front of him. Such a good son.

More pics...
Some of you know that I have been working on a new travel blog, SFO777.com.
I've posted a lot more pics of the scenery from our trail ride, if you are so inclined.
SFO777.com Father's Day Trail Ride in Denver

Last edited by matthandy; Jun 20, 2014 at 3:04 am Reason: Removed inappropriate images