FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Midtown, New York [Master Thread]
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:40 am
thaliajen

Programs: UA Million Miler, BonVoyLifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, President's Club,
Surprisingly fine

After 2 nights at Element (which shocked me by being clean, comfy & had a friendly staff) I moved here for a quick mattress run. They had upgraded me to a top floor but that room wasn't ready (it was around noon) and as I only had 1 night here, I asked for any room ready. The kind desk agent found me a room on 7 and offered me (I didn't even have a chance to ask!) a 4pm check out. Since I'm switching to Sheraton today I was thrilled to get that.

The room was comfy, they got me a fridge which helps a LOT, and I slept well for awhile. The noise in the morning doesn't start as early as the Element's but it's STILL annoying. This room's AC stops and starts no matter how you set it so I'd be in a deep sleep and it'd go off & I'd wake up. That was the only downside here that I could tell. I DO wish that these properties were on the other side of TS but you can't have it all.

On another note, the restaurant here was VERY good! My friend came across a review for it online but didn't know it was IN the 4 Points. Getting 20% off was nice and the food was delicious.

In addition, the staff here have been very kind. Having stayed in NYC hotel rooms all over the city, I don't think these rooms are ANY smaller than average. In fact I give them kudos for having full tubs, as after 2 days at a shower-only hotel, I needed to soak! I also like the chair next to the window where I can sit and watch TV. My back is going, and watching TV from bed gets uncomfortable.

After 13 years of NYC trips starting out with Westin TS & the W's, I've learned a valuable lesson. I spend little time in my rooms here and it's silly to waste the kind of $ NYC hotels attract, just for a higher property. Yes, I prefer the Sheraton TS b/c of the location, but honestly, as far as the inside of these hotels go, I will return again if the prices remain this low. I love luxury, but having said that, things have changed in the past 5 years. I watch $ more carefully, as do many others, which might be why these hotels are getting more popular.

If you've got the $ for the higher end hotels, by all means, stay there! They're great! If you're on a budget or small stipend, just TRY 4 Points. Or Element. I'm purposefully staying here a few hours late b/c I like the TV channels of all things! Also, 4 Points got me in when I arrived. I like that. Will I be happy to be back at Sheraton TS for the night? Yes. But am I glad I stayed here? Hell yes!