FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - WineDo 7 - Sunday June 15, 2014 - NYC
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:31 am
DLroads

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
IMHO, YMMV, the list is getting better and better every year (I uploaded the updated list, but I believe I miss two bottles Anna brought and maybe something else).
On the champagnes list, I had two-three new surprises... 2006 Larmandier-Bernier (nice long bubbles) , 2008 Franck Bonville (can't believe I did not try it before), and the Pierre Péters were giving very good fight to the 2002 Paillard, which is still my COTN. The '08 Paillard needs more time. I'd be the first one to admit. Still young. '04 House of Arras was interesting, tasteful, enjoyable but the taste was different from all other champagnes. It was interesting to see the grape variation. Second time I had the Cava and it is always a pleasant refreshing. For the rest of the notes on bubbles I'd would differ to Sir Champagne cfischer

I will later type in my short notes, but in the meantime-
memorable ones were--
Whites: '10 Dehlinger (surprise!), '11 Kosta, '07 Altamura and the '11 Donkey.
Dead on arrival: '90 riesling (great color, dead grapes)

In the PN flights there was a dispute in our table regarding the '08 Failla Occidenta. Some claimed it's too light. I found it to be a very nice and enjoyable wine, that fits also larger crowds. Better fit for the warmer days to come than full bodied cabs. '06 Wild Hog was an interesting and nice surprise.
The cab flights were amazing, but the winners for me were '04 Anderson's Conn Valley and '05 Sterling. The '04 cut it a bit above, but it was by points, not a definite ruling. The '04 ACV won for me over the '10 ACV, again-different blend, still...
Gaucho100K--THUMBS UP for the malbec flight, I think the order in which they were served was perfect. For me the winner was the '09 Rutini Antologia but again- it was by points (and affected by tasting so many wines by that point... I would like a re-run just for those four).

Okay, better get back to the projects, will type in my notes later. Once again, I think it was da best wineDO list again, [almost]everything was drinkable and enjoyable. Wish there was time to split the evening into two nights so I can actually take more time to test and enjoy the grapes. By a certain point in the evening it was nearly impossible to taste anything new...