FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The consolidated US Rant Thread ("I'm mad / I hate / How could they? . .")
Old Jun 15, 2014, 3:17 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Really saw the best and worst of US during some IROPs last Friday (weather in the Northeast plus ATC delays)

- Harried gate agent calls for First Class. There's a line of a few people, including me, on the First/Preferred Access lane and yet two people walk through the general boarding lane to cut us. When the person at the front of the right line tries to board, the gate agent snaps at him "First Class only!". He replies "I am in First Class, I'm trying to give you my boarding pass". The agent says "well you didn't say anything, I don't read minds".
- Flight attendants with little interest in service. We had a 90 minute delay due a ground stop at CLT. The plane had a broken APU and First got one pre-departure drink. Coach got water after an hour and numerous complaints from the back
- Only one drink on the way up, slowest possible service too.

Now, I will say that the US Club agent who rebooked me was wonderful, but the people mentioned here...less so.