FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Oneworld status showing on non-AA boarding pass
Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:52 am
CheVive

Programs: AA Gold
AA Platinum but showing as OW Ruby on BA

Have a similar issue:

Several months ago, I won Platinum status through a challenge. Been flying a bunch since getting Platinum, usually on BA metal and with a combination of BA and AA flight numbers without issue, with my OW status showing as Sapphire.

Never got my card as based in Italy and AA has consistently failed to get me the card in spite of multiple requests.

Most recently, redeemed some miles for a BA F ticket to the US and saw it showed me as "Ruby". Called AA, and they said they would have it updated.

Fast forward a few weeks, and I'm due to fly PSA-LHR-JFK on BA, and the record still shows me as Ruby in BA systems, even though AA has me as platinum on the website and in their systems. I called AA last week and they said they would update the OW system. Also called BA at their suggestion to have them remove and reenter the number. Did this several times with the number still coming up as Ruby.

What can I do? Very frustrating to have been doing all this flying (on the verge of qualifying for Platinum again based on EQMs) and to not be able to select seats immediately on BA or to be able to use the lounges....