FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HP Midtown South ($95) or Hyatt Times Square ($160)?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:26 pm
Radiant Flyer
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
For a one night stay If you only need a bed and a shower Hyatt Place... save your money and spend it out in the city! There is so much to do and see in NYC if your time is limited don't spend it on a hotel.

I'm in NYC often, for shot stays, 1 or 2 nights I go with the cheapest Hyatt, for long stays I go with the place I want to call home.

HP is not a bad location, 15 to 25 minute walk to the village, and other great neighborhoods, and via subway you can get anywhere in Manhattan in a matter of minutes.

Originally Posted by lawyertalk
Which property for a one-night stay? Won't be in the room much. Will be bringing my own bag of PHT Aesop amenities. I don't like the physical location of either property, but both are significantly cheaper than the other options. I've read both review threads, and I don't think the room (even upgraded) and the breakfast of the Hyatt Times Square are 68% better than those at the Hyatt Place Midtown South, but I'm willing to hear arguments from being who have stayed in one or preferably both properties.

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Jun 14, 2014 at 9:46 pm