FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where/how to get dolar blue exchange rate?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:00 pm
lhgreengrd1
Suspended

Originally Posted by imm2b
I'm leaving for MDZ in a few days. Does anyone know a good place for Blue rate exchange in MDZ? Also, what is the latest Blue rate from USD? Many thanks.

There is a money changer that does blue rate in the mall called Galleria Tonsai, at 1173 Gen. San Martin. This is about 2 blocks walk from the Sheraton. They are on the Venus level (as I recall, one floor DOWN from street level) of this mall, and they also process Western Union and Xoom currency pickups. In fact, I believe that they are the only Xoom pickup location in Mendoza. I should also add, that this place is open on Saturday mornings until 1:00 PM as well as the typical M-F hours.

When I was last there, Blue rate was just above 6, and the official rate was about 4.25. Nowadays, The official rate is about 8.1 and the Blue rate is between 11 and 11.5 depending upon how competitive the area is and how much money you're changing. You'll be lucky to get anything above 11 in Mendoza, if the Buenos Aires Florida Street changers are giving 11.3 to 11.5

If you want to send yourself money from your U.S. bank account to pick up in Mendoza, I just checked and Xoom is giving 10.325, which is less competitive than it used to be. When I last flew into Mendoza a couple of years ago, Xoom was giving 5.9 when the blue rate on Florida Street in Buenos Aires was between 6.1 and 6.25