FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC): Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Jun 12, 2014, 9:18 am
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by crackerman
To answer myself, it took about 10 min!
Definitely not being sent to other countries for pre-clearance.

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I don't think you can apply for the card, if you don't live in the US. Perhaps apply in the country you're living in?

The APEC card requires you travel for business purposes to the member countries. Plus you must be a Global Entry, or similar member. Get interviewed, etc.

I'm also a little confused about the APEC card. The website shows that you still need a visa for countries that require them. Is the purpose of the card to just get through security quicker?

The APEC card costs $70, in addition to the $100 Global Entry or similar, fee.
Refer to last discussion in May in this thread. The expectation is that the only benefit is to allow for access to crew/diplomatic lanes in APEC countries.

Originally Posted by dtsm
Can't find it, tried here: http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-tr...ked-questions2, then it takes me back to global entry?

According to above, if already Global Entry member, all you have to do is visit center for electronic signature?? Very confusing...

A link please, thanks!
If you are a GE member, then all you have to do is pay the fee, "self-certify" you are a business person with business in APEC countries and go to an enrollment center and have your signature captured. I believe the signature gets printed onto the card.

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 22, 2023 at 2:10 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member