FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Francisco Area Starwood Hotels (General Discussion 2008 Onward)
Old Jun 11, 2014, 6:20 pm
azeckel

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by dkauf
Sorry, I thought the topic header would be enough context.

Anyone have any recent experiences at any of the Starwood properties in San Francisco to share?
I couldn't get into the Palace this week. Instead am at Le Merdien. The rooms are nice enough and all are quite large by SF standards. The "upgrades" are really about how high up you get and what your view is. Let's just say my room is not on a very high floor. Location is a toss-up vs. the Palace in general (it's about a 10 minute walk between the two). The gym is much nicer, but the Palace does have an indoor pool if you're into that. Breakfast amenity is close, but the Palace is always going to win this battle for me. The restaurant at LM is good, and you can get $15 off any menu item as your amenity.

The one thing that really irks me about LM is the service. There is nothing specific, but it just feels like I'm more of annoyance to the staff than a guest. I guess one example would be at check-in. At 6pm on a Monday every businessman in town is in line to check-in. Two clerks were working the line and a manager was standing there at one of the 4 computers on the phone. With 10 people in line. She couldn't care less about the line of people waiting there. I get it, you have important calls, but don't take them out front while a line of people stare at you. This has happened both times I've stayed there. Same woman, too.