FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 MileagePlus Change - RDMs Will Be Calculated by Spend, Not Distance
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:10 pm
Karl-MDW

Programs: United Million Mile Flyer, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, DL, AA WN
Originally Posted by climmy
I have to agree with you. Noting 1mm'ers are likely getting the soft landing of status after a career of flying, any change to the present benefits would likely eliminate any incentive to fly UA at all.

I'm a perfect case in point. I'm not likely to ever re-qualify as a 1K (or GS as I have been), but the Gold has kept my flying UA and I'm now making travel decisions for 3.

UA has benefitted from about $15k in my spend so far this year, but on few trips. Only because I can get my wife and child into E+...And on one trip a mileage upgrade.

I'm already going to take a hit under these new rules, and already teetering. Any more changes to MP, or more specifically the 1mm rules, and I'm likely gone. I'm a peon now and know it, but it's still SOME $ going to UA.
I agree. I am still hanging in there, but United has already got me kayaking. The high fares coupled with poor service, late flights, etc. has already made me look around for better fares on an airline with all around better service - even WN! How much longer I am willing to put up with "changes I am going to like" before I like some other airline I fear is growing shorter by the minute.