FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 MileagePlus Change - RDMs Will Be Calculated by Spend, Not Distance
Old Jun 10, 2014, 1:02 pm
FlytheTail

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Well, today the United [expletive] hit the fan. I was really hoping UA would distinguish themselves and offer a different program than Delta. Nope; exactly the same mileage changes as Delta. This will cut my mileage earned to Asia roughly in half, which when combined with the huge mileage trip redemption increases implemented at the start of the year, completely disincentivises me to fly on United. Now I need to seriously think about returning to Delta.
Originally Posted by grahampros
Delta has the same thing so that won't do you any good. They actually are the ones who kicked it off among the big 3. DL's millage redemption is also generally the most costly in the business in what's available for booking
Yes, I know; that's why I was hoping UA would do something different than what DL is doing. Of course that was too much to ask since, as everyone points out correctly, UA is only following DL with devaluations, not any actual improvements.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jun 10, 2014 at 6:13 pm