FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 MileagePlus Change - RDMs Will Be Calculated by Spend, Not Distance
Old Jun 10, 2014, 8:44 am
snic

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by UAgeek71
Also, the average flyer, is going to be pretty peeved, when they spend 600 dollars, on a ticket for a vacation, and expect 3k miles, but only get 2100 because of hidden charges that don't qualify. They likely won't spend the time to re-search why, they will feel cheated, then call, get angry, tie up the CS lines, get the answer they don't like, then never book UA again after the bad experience, especially if they experience the UA of today with dark cramped Rj's, delays, and sub par product to begin with!
I suspect that people who swear never to fly an airline again almost always end up eventually flying the airline again... the fare just has to be a few dollars cheaper.

Why do you think Spirit is so successful despite their atrocious product and aggravating fees?

I really don't think UA is going to have the slightest trouble filling its planes after this "change-I-think-you'll-like".