FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with Nitro Pills
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:45 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I appreciate this, <deleted>, and I know you personally have nothing to do with the decisions HQ makes.

I suspect what is now available to the public on the website is exactly what was in place as SSI SOP when my pills were confiscated. Nothing appears to have changed in that regard.

They were confiscated because the 'final decision' was that the medical rules were overridden by the zero tolerance, NO exceptions rule that applies to certain substances, regardless of purpose or quantity. In principle, I get that, I really do. I have no doubt that TSOs are trained 'when in doubt, don't take chances, take the item'.

I never suggested that my pills were confiscated because of one rogue TSO. Multiple 'layers' of TSOs were summoned, all the way up to suits, and the opinion was unanimous: two rules were in conflict, and the rule about explosive substances was more important. The threats I got that day went way beyond DY...T - more like DY...EverAgain.

Reminder: there was no alarm, swabbing didn't test positive. The pills were found during a bag search when the TSO read the label on the bottle.

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 26, 2017 at 3:04 pm Reason: Privacy / Conform to moderator's edit of quoted post