FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "You need to Use the Lav in the Rear..."
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:09 pm
Annerk

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA PP
"You need to Use the Lav in the Rear..."

Last month I was flying CLT to LAX in first. A couple hours into the flight I got up from my seat and went to use the forward lav. The FA (the same one who had taken and delivered my breakfast order an hour earlier) stopped me and told me I had to use the lav in my class of service while gesturing towards the rear of the plane. I was really taken aback, quite speechless actually. I stood there looking at her, not knowing what to say.

Finally I stammered that I was in 2A, and she looked at me, looked over at the empty seat, and without a word, stepped aside and allowed me to use the lav.

It was truly one of the few times that the actions of a FA left me angry. Had she apologized I would have laughed it off, but instead of an apology I got the look of death as she turned her back to me and stepped away.

Has anyone else had a similar situation ever occur?

I guess what got my goat was that after that at least a dozen times during the flight, passengers came through the curtain into the first class cabin and used the lav--at one point there were a few lined up for it, and she didn't say a word to them.