FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Airbus A321 Transcon / A321T / "32B" 3 class (consolidated 2012-2014)
Old Jun 8, 2014, 2:53 pm
VSLover

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
so ive done F LAX/SFO to JFK and back five times this week (UGH) and i must say something is awry these days.

all flights have been in F but there were catering mishaps on EVERY flight. one fork, one knife, no starter loaded, one bottle of a white wine, entertainment broken, no espresso machine working, pre-ordered meal not boarded, pursers who are severely lacking in elevated service on this route who i presume were qualified based on this being a single aisle?

that was just this week.

they are stripping away service in F to a point where there is almost no reason to book over business--i mean the seat isnt as comfortable in F (as has already been discussed).

to top it off--at JFK this morning i had to argue with the flagship checkin woman who insisted it was ONLY for CK and those flying first internationally and always has been. i literally had to l load the aa webpage to show her.

i've done J and F about a 20 times this year but something terrible is going on over the last month-1.5months that is making AA a truly downmarket player on upmarket planes.