FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico [Master Thread]
Old Jun 8, 2014, 6:11 am
Bravada04

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
thanks for your feedback..

I can get around 10 days for 4 vacation days from work. So I booked flights with 30k flexperks per person..

You guys are correct that if I was gonna spend the money to stay at a hotel like this then this would we a great redemption.

I did some research and this part of PVR isn't good for surfing. I'm primarily going to PVR to learn surfing so it makes more sense for me to stay in the sayulita area. There are lots of decent places on airbnb for $100/night. Since they will also have kitchen, the overall cost of staying there would come down.

Also the beach near westin isn't great. The hotel is not very new and we like really new hotels. The hotel isn't very close to the PVR restaurant scene.

So although this would have been a good place to burn points, I'm not gonna stay here.
hmmm......so you like new modern hotels but you are going to stay in a B&B.....seems like the totally opposite? If you are renting a car in PV then I don't think this location will hurt you, albeit it is nice to get up and go straight to the beach and do your thing. There are a lot of restaurants a short walk away in the Marina area?