FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel out of TLV [merged experience reports & tips]
Old Jun 7, 2014, 11:42 am
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dgdevil
Apologies if a well worn topic. Last thread I saw was 2011. Anyway, I have a LH flight leaving TLV about 2:30 pm. How many hours beforehand should I show up at TLV? Single white Antipodean tourist with small backpack. Is there a *G line to facilitate things?
Assuming there are no other aspects that would raise the agents' attention and you don't plan to check any baggage I'd recommend arriving 2.5h before departure. If you want to be absolutely safe, arrive 3h in advance, but arriving any earlier is just a waste of time IMO. Personally, when travelling in J with hand baggage only I usually arrive ~2h before departure which leaves me with >1h for security if necessary (I have spent anywhere from 5min - 45min at security, the latter not being a particularly fun experience, and I still had sufficient time to get to the gate).

IIRC there's some sort of priority line for security, but I can't remember whether it was just for J/F pax or also *G members.