FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Account Terminated (after registering for several promotion codes)
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:40 am
no2chem

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by scubaccr
'head buried in the sand' comment from you on this subject. Why do so many people have a totally unjustified feeling of entitlement to freebies. Yes you are welcome to try codes, but don't scream at IHG for something that is a calculated risk decision to use a code not directly provided.

1. if code was not provided directly first hand to you by IHG or an IHG branded hotel, then one can have absolutely no expectation whatsoever that you are entitled to use that code.

2. and yes you can check out if you are allowed to use code, you simply ring/email IHG helpdesk .... OH WAIT , you know the answer already to that question so you won't do that check !
What part about I called to ask IHG about codes posted online already doesn't anyone get? They said if the page accepts it, then I am allowed to use it. Have you called? Ever? Like htb says, what do you think the response is going to be, really?

I don't think IHG even knows who is 'entitled' to use codes. My conclusion is that IF IHG is actually cancelling due to multiple promos then they are doing that ex post facto, after they discover accounts are unprofitable. But based on information from this thread, it seems that the criteria is really just unprofitability and multiple promos is a red herring.