FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Am I entitled to a courtesy room from emirates?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:55 pm
farazk86

Question Am I entitled to a courtesy room from emirates?

Hi,

So I frequently travel between Newcastle, UK and Peshawar, Pakistan. When I'm going to Pakistan there is a 3 hour stay in Dubai before I am boarded to my connecting flight. Thats not too bad but on my way back there is a 20 hour stay in Dubai.

20 hours would be very difficult to spend in an airport.

This connection is not of my choosing but is the only and earliest connection offered by Emirates.

Last time I was offered a courtesy room in one of Emirates own hotels. But this time I was not. I called customer services and asked them why and they said our policy has changed regarding rooms.

They said there are 3 new rules that must be complied with before you are issued a room.

- The connecting flight is the earliest connection available. (check)
- The stay should be longer than 8 hours but less than 24 hours. (check)
- Your ticket should cost at least £800 ( what? )

I bought my ticket from emirates website, and it cost £550.

This was the price I was given. When the website is telling me £550, why would I pay £800 . (I would not have paid £800 anyway as that would be too much for this route)

Now I am just stuck, my flight back is on the 26th and I am worrying from now regarding my 20 hour stay.

Am I entitled a room? Who should I email or contact to ask them to review my request for a room?

Thank you