FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Account Terminated (after registering for several promotion codes)
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:42 pm
no2chem

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by Often1
Of course they should. But, that doesn't absolve individuals of their own duty to check out the codes. Needless to say, OP didn't pick up the phone and ask IHG. Likely because he knew the answer.
Having to call in on every promo is a pretty ridiculous view. Do you do that yourself?

Originally Posted by htb
But individuals have no possibility to "check out the codes" other than trying to sign up form them to see if they are accepted. And don't tell me that anything else would happen if you'd call the callcenter: they'd input the code and tell you if it was accepted.

HTB.
Just so everyone feels warm and fuzzy, I called IHG today and asked them if the promo codes I found online were acceptable. And of course the rep told me if the page accepts it, then I am allowed to use it.

So abandon this silly view of 'targeted promotions' and 'fraud' already. It seems like IHG thinks promo codes found online just fine.