FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which card(s) to use for high spend or large purchases? [Consolidated]
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:41 am
DCAAA

Credit Card recommendations for $150k+ / year spending

I currently spend over $150k a year on my credit cards. I typically break it down in this way:

$50k on Barclays US Airways MC
$75k on SPG AMEX
$25k on Capital One 2% cashback Visa

Barclays is basically killing its card (at least, all the good benefits) so I am looking to replace that spending elsewhere. I could shift it all to my SPG Amex. My Capital One card has a bizarrely low limit though, so $25k is about the max I can put on it in a year.

I am open to ditching all 3 cards and shifting all my expenses elsewhere if there's a particularly valuable card for people spending that much. I have no preference for points vs. dollars, just trying to get the most bang for the buck. My preferred airport is DCA and I mostly travel to the west coast (SFO and LAS), Florida, and the Caribbean. I have high status on US Airways but also as part of the merger, may be giving that up for other airlines -- all of which may be relevant for potential airline card tie-ins. (Basically, I'm a free agent -- what should I do)?