FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied lounge access at AMS
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2014, 3:09 am
355F1

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by LBJ
Directly from the lounge access rules --

"Note: SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits are provided only at the departure airport and not on arrival airport unless connecting to a qualifying Sky Team flight."
Damn....well there is my answer.

Originally Posted by cygnus
You should have gotten access. However, NOT as a SkyTeam Elite Plus (this is indeed only true for departures), but as a SkyClub member. Did you show them your membership clard?
I showed them on the Delta App my Diamond Medallion Status (which I literally just achieved 2 days ago); the only "card" I had was my AMEX DL Reserve, which doesn't mean anything over here...

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I've never had issues using the lounges at AMS as arrival lounges, but this seems to be an unwritten exception for international lounges. At CDG this has not worked for me, but CDG does have a separate designated arrivals lounge. Note that the SCs at NRT aren't accessible to arriving passengers so we can't use that as a test.
The last time I was here in February I was traveling on KLM metal....so maybe that's why they let me in...???

Anyway, I went back to the lounge and asked for the supervisor who told me that Delta, as of about a year ago, no longer pays KLM for ANY of their members to use the Crown Lounge as an arrival lounge.

I was a little upset because there really isn't anything as nice as getting off a TATL flight and taking a shower. Plus, even though it was an award ticket, it was still a Business Class seat. If I would have paid $6k for this ticket and been denied I would have written Delta a very angry letter...lol.

Oh well....I'm in Amsterdam for the next five days with some friends from San Francisco and we are going to have a great time. ^

Last edited by 355F1; Jun 5, 2014 at 6:13 am