FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MO Purchases using OV @ WM
View Single Post
Old Jun 4, 2014, 1:36 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I finally had some success to day at my WMT.

Now this will probably only work if and when like 3 clerks are working of the many there. The one I went to knows me well and is smart (and cute) and she even said: I am about to go to lunch so let's get this done because so and so is not gonna know how to.

I have the older looking POS terminal, which has INCOGNITO in red on the top left, and is rounded at the bottom. It has a red, yello and green button on the key pad and the words that come up are in B/W.

Here is what the clerk and I figured out using OVs in a split for MOs:

Clerk starts this... she types in $500 on the "ENTER AMOUNT" side, and NOT on the "EXACT AMOUNT" side. The ENTER AMOUNT side is on her right but still on the screen not her keypad.

She does NOT hit ENTER on her screen or keypad though! very important!

Then I swipe... and hit cancel. In my case it flashes but then comes back up quickly so I just had the stylus ready and hit the area like a bunch of times. It took.

Once it takes, she hears a beep or can see something come up.

NOW she hits ENTER.

At this moment I can now see the choices, like EFT, debit, etc. I hit debit. (In one case I made a mistake and hit EFT but she canceled it out and I was given a new chance to do this whole thing over so it is ok if you mess up here).

Once you hit debit it's like before... hit no for cb and then do pin and you should be ok!

I did not try a BP but this also worked for a single OV payment to a BB.

Every WMT is different. Every clerk, every terminal and every state.

What people need to realize is just because something works for you in your area--or lives or dies in your area, it is not necessarily the case somewhere else.

Hope this helped. Now, stay out of the other stores and stay in WMT!

MM