FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Account Terminated (after registering for several promotion codes)
Old Jun 3, 2014, 10:17 pm
azepine00
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I find it hard to believe that someone trawling internet looking for promo codes could genuinely believe that they are entitled to use them if they arnt advertised on IHG or been directly provided them,

The thread on FT even implies to me that these codes are not endorsed by IHG with the direction not to contact IHG if things dont work

When I receive cards in the post about promotions, these are on cards specifically addressed to me and do not imply that these are a free-for-all and I am sure that they do not state "please share with your closest 7 milliard friends"
Why is it hard for you to believe? Surely in 12 yr on this forum you noticed tendency to max out promos and benefits and all sorts of unintended price mistakes...

I can see clear violation of t&c when people for example trade miles/upgrades or resell award nights or open multiple accounts however I strongly disagree that use of promotional codes which are completely anonymous and do not come with any sort of "non transferrable" language should trigger account suspension.