FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IHG Account Terminated (after registering for several promotion codes)
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:17 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by chrism20
The thing that always baffles me with this one is they know there is a problem and they keep banning people who try/do it. Why don't they just fix the system and close the loophole?
+1. Exactly. Fix the rubbish IT. How hard is it? Try to sign up for a targeted promo with LH and it won't work. That's how you prevent it. If you can't do that then maybe don't award bonus points for people who signed up and were not targeted.

On the other hand is IHG complaining about potentially additional stays they may have gotten from folks that signed up for promos (not targeted) and shifted stays to trigger them? I don't think so.

Well, in the end I guess moderation / balance may be the key. If you got an account and do 1 or 2 one-night stays to trigger a whole boat load of points bonuses to be then redeemed via Pointsbreaks, than I can agree that as a business I would also like to "churn" those customer, as I would "lose my shirt" with folks like that. If on the other hand, someone puts in a good number of stays / nights (whatever the figure may be) and I as a business still come out on top, I would be more inclined to let it go. YMMV

Last edited by demue; Jun 3, 2014 at 5:39 am