FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Five Continents in 3 Days and Some Other Mad Trips in 2012
Old Jun 2, 2014, 5:21 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Seoul Incheon to Singapore (ICN-SIN) on Singapore Airlines A330-300 in business class

Transfer security was surprisingly slow at this early hour. There are quite a few flights that arrive before 5am. The train to satellite terminal was running. Since Singapore Airlines uses that terminal their transfer desk is in the satellite. I had expected I might have to hang around in the main terminal for a while. However, the transfer desk was unmanned, and the lounges were yet to open. I wandered a bit and ended up watching some football with a group of insomniac travellers.

Eventually the Asiana lounge opened (at this stage Singapore Airlines had yet to open their own lounge in the satellite terminal). On the basis of my eticket and OZ status card I was welcomed into the first class lounge. This is an unpublished benefit because the website indicates the benefit is only available when flying OZ, but I've had this on SQ and TK also.

I had some coffee and caught up with messages while waiting for transfer desk to open. A brief visit to the transfer desk to collect some more boarding passes, and then I returned to the lounge to await boarding.

I enjoyed the flight as usual, and managed to get a few hours sleep, which is about perfect allowing for my onward flight to get a decent sleep also.