FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How low SPG can go? [Issues with stay at Mystique, Greece]
Old Jun 1, 2014, 9:02 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Flyingmama
I suspect what pushed the hotel owner to kick out the OP was not so much the TA review - although that may have been the final straw - but rather the OP's treatment of the supervisor who tried and tried to remedy things for him.

As the OP states:

The OP acknowledges the first time she came he went "crazy with her statement." and later "I had lost my control and asked her to come down again." By his own admission, the OP was extremely confrontational with the supervisor and possibly quite nasty. I am of the opinion that when the owner learned about what had transpired with one of his staff that this prompted him to kick the OP out.

And frankly, I don't blame him.
Not familiar with figurative language? The OP's choice of words (which you quoted) are not prima facie evidence that the OP behaved in a clinically crazy manner or in any manner that is considered unlawful or even vocally noticeable from outside the door or windows of the room. Getting bothered by something doesn't necessarily mean that a person is obnoxiously and/or otherwise verbally abusing the hotel staff.

Originally Posted by Flyingmama
The offer to immediately move him to another room with functioning drainage and/or a choice of suites the following day when they are vacated aren't solutions? What do you regard as a "solution" then?
The point may be that a hotel that markets itself as a high-end luxury hotel shouldn't be having it such that the hotel initially assigns guests a room that can't get the basics right -- the basics include having fully functional drains in the bathroom.

The hotel started things on the wrong footing (by not getting the basics right) and it ended things on the wrong footing by giving the guests a boot. In between check-in and eviction, the hotel staff tried to improve things but then the hotel owner put an end to any further service recovery attempts. Hotel fail.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jun 1, 2014 at 9:15 am