FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Future of MS
Thread: Future of MS
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2014, 12:08 am
exmike

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by ceverett
Less than 2%. 90% settle for making minimum spend to get their signup bonuses. Of the rest, most can't or won't commit to what it takes to make 2+ million points a year in MS: putting a daily average of about $4K to $5K on their credit cards, and converting that merchandise to sufficient bank deposits in time to pay off their credit cards before the statements close.

Bottom line, MS is a nice side gig that works out really well when the rewards of MS are in line with your personal goals. But like most jobs, a few are amazingly good at it, and most are somewhere between mediocre and awful.
I think to MS in the 7 figures of points requires exponentially more time invested than something it the 6's. I probably MS about 10k a month more or less, spread across different category bonuses nets me about 250k or so points per year and it really involves minimal time (2-3 walmart trips per month). And I dont have any inclination to increase it above that. Not worth the diminishing returns!

The low hanging fruit is so easy I'm not sure why everyone doesn't do it to some degree really. Just using basic techniques listed in this forum you can MS $2500/month with a few clicks of a mouse every month with NO FEES. A couple more clicks and $12.50 a month nets you another $2500 which nicely balances the first $2500. After that, you start having to venture out of your house, depending on how much you can evolve.. anyways, I digress.