FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How low SPG can go? [Issues with stay at Mystique, Greece]
Old May 30, 2014, 1:44 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by ngupta
First thing after leaving "THE" Mystique (as we did not have the complete bearing on the situation...we were shocked and stunned to what he said to us and it happened so fast) we thought of doing the following:

1. Call the US Consulate in Greece.
2. Go to the airport (JTR) instead of finding any hotels in Santorini (we had checked the prices of hotels months ahead of time and they were nothing short of 300-400 euros). I was not willing to pay this price in this sitaution.
3. Plan to head back to Athens and spent the rest of time there (I could use my Hilton or Club Carlson points there).

While at JTR, Called UAL for plan change but was advised by them if I do that I will lose my last segment (ATH-PHL). Only one stopover allowed per round trip and that absolutely put us in wrong situation. We had no choice but to stay in Santorini. We are in Santorini and staying in a hotel that charges lot less than "THE" Mystique would and guess what we have all the good things to say about this property and I will leave good reviews about this property. We feel home away from home at this place.

Tagging some property as "Luxury" can be highly misleading. That's what we fail to understand. Views are great everywhere in Santorini, weather it is Mystique or any other hotel. Truth lies in quality of product and the basic things were malfunctioning in the room we were at Mystique. It is not too much to ask for.

As for wi-fi, we had to skype our parents (In US and India) b'se of our 20th anniversary, we could not accomplish that and that was shameful. That's how important working wi-fi was to us.
nice that you came back, happy to hear you remained in Santorini and things worked out.

That said nothing stopped you from buying either a 1 way flight to ATH or a ferry tkt. Ive been able to drop segments mid trip as long as I didnt change my O/D, but that would have meant spending some $s out of your pocket, and it seems you only wanted to spend miles and pts and no money (nothing wrong with that)

wanting basic things is 1 thing Expecting a room that is beyond what you booked is another, especially as a GOLD. Im a Plat and my expectations at a hotel with 22 rooms wouldnt have been anywhere near what yours was. If you have read the thread you know I fully agree with you about the use of LC or "Luxury" and can fully understand how a person would feel expecting a 'luxury' hotel only to arrive and see its not that at all. But posting a Negative review of the hotel was not the smart thing to do while you were still there.Nor was it right not to have said in your TA review how the hotel tried to fix things as you did on FT