FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How low SPG can go? [Issues with stay at Mystique, Greece]
Old May 30, 2014, 1:20 pm
ngupta

Mystique

First thing after leaving "THE" Mystique (as we did not have the complete bearing on the situation...we were shocked and stunned to what he said to us and it happened so fast) we thought of doing the following:

1. Call the US Consulate in Greece.
2. Go to the airport (JTR) instead of finding any hotels in Santorini (we had checked the prices of hotels months ahead of time and they were nothing short of 300-400 euros). I was not willing to pay this price in this sitaution.
3. Plan to head back to Athens and spent the rest of time there (I could use my Hilton or Club Carlson points there).

While at JTR, Called UAL for plan change but was advised by them if I do that I will lose my last segment (ATH-PHL). Only one stopover allowed per round trip and that absolutely put us in wrong situation. We had no choice but to stay in Santorini. We are in Santorini and staying in a hotel that charges lot less than "THE" Mystique would and guess what we have all the good things to say about this property and I will leave good reviews about this property. We feel home away from home at this place.

Tagging some property as "Luxury" can be highly misleading. That's what we fail to understand. Views are great everywhere in Santorini, weather it is Mystique or any other hotel. Truth lies in quality of product and the basic things were malfunctioning in the room we were at Mystique. It is not too much to ask for.

As for wi-fi, we had to skype our parents (In US and India) b'se of our 20th anniversary, we could not accomplish that and that was shameful. That's how important working wi-fi was to us.