FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How low SPG can go? [Issues with stay at Mystique, Greece]
Old May 30, 2014, 1:09 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fizzer
Luxury is subjective as stated.However,if you review the other ratings of this hotel on TA , as well as spg.com, the vast majority of folks seem pretty satisfied. Then read the tone of the OP's TA post and posting here and, to me at least, a pattern appears. Subjective too but clear nonetheless.
I read a bunch of them in oder to see whats what.Most were satisfied with the place and Loved the location and views. I dont recall many saying what a great luxury hotel it is, I do recall many saying how great it was to sit on their balcony and take in the views and how they loved the location.

I remember a few yrs ago getting a walk about The Enchancement Resort (which it most certainly is) in Sedona,Az however once they showed us a few of the rooms that was it,not what we expected. Now The Phoenician where Ive been numerous times is what one expects when Luxury is used in describing a hotel. Camelback Inn also didnt do it.Now for some who want that type of decor both the Camelback and Enchancement works, or for those who dont care since they want everything else that is offered it works

Compared to whats avaialble in Sedona,The Enchancement has them beat but its rooms arent luxurious, yes they are in comparison to what else is in town but not on the grand scale of what a luxurious hotel room s/b, most everything else to an extent is luxurious, suppose to have a great SPA, restaurants and from what I experienced SERVICE seems to be #1. I know people who stayed there Loved the place but hated the rooms.When they go back they stay elsewhere and just go to the Spa and Restaurants. No they dont stay in a luxury room but they arent being charged up the wazoo either

Last edited by craz; May 30, 2014 at 1:15 pm