FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How low SPG can go? [Issues with stay at Mystique, Greece]
Old May 30, 2014, 11:46 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The hotel frequently sells it's cheaper accommodations at or above 500 euros (and often way over that) per night. That's ordinarily considered luxury hotel type of pricing. It's pricing structure is definitely positioned as if it is a luxury boutique property -- and it generally is attracting customers who want a luxury experience on the island.
Pricing means nothing, heck for a weekend trip to LA in July most companys wanted close to $100 a day for a compact. Usually you can get a BMer for that money.

I havnt been to this hotel, but luxury doesnt mean paying a high rate. The Pulitzer in AMS is usually above 300 Euros anight and as I said before Ive stayed there and didnt find the hotel luxurious in any sense of the word . Its a nice hotel and I enjoyed my stays but Luxury and Pulitzer doesnt belong in the same sentence

From what I read about the Mystique it has a great location and offers great views that doenst make it a luxury hotel, in might be the most luxurious hotel in that town or island and can even be the most expensive but that doesnt translate into being a true Luxury Hotel. The Imperial in VIE is a true luxury hotel and deserves having LC in its name, I know the Pulitzer doesnt deserve having LC in its name and only from what Ive read it seems this hotel shouldnt have it either (w/o taking this thread as the basis)

Ive never stayed in a FS Ive walked into a fair amount and luxury is seen and felt in everyone. I know Ive felt that way walking into (and staying at some LC Hotels) as with Ritz's. Maybe those hotels that arent in the same bag should be called a *Wood Collection Hotel rather then a LC collection