FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2014, 9:11 am
Brugge

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Flygirl98
Thanks Brugge! So to clarify, if Citi rejects a "duplicate app" it will not count as a HP -- but will it count as a Citi app? Also if Citi rejects you for already having the card (ie: AA) does that auto rejection count as a HP? Or just a Citi app?
AFAIK, a denial for a "duplicate app" does not get another HP, and does not count as a Citi app for purposes of 8/65 days. They basically consider it never even happened.

Likewise an app in violation of the 8/65 rule, as Citi will not even consider it. So no HP.

But a denial by Citi for reasons of credit history, too many apps, violating the 8/65 rule,, etc. will still be considered an app by Citi, so you have to wait another 65 days before applying to Citi again. Even if it's your only app within the last 65 days, you cannot just wait 8 days to apply again, you have to wait a full 65 days after a denied app that they actually considered.

Already having the card is a grey area for me. It probably doesn't get an HP, but I'm not sure if it resets the 65 days or not. I think it does. Of course, I'm not referring to when a clueless CSR just says you were rejected because you can't have another card, when in fact it was something else like too many apps, etc. I'm only talking about something like applying for a 50K AA card that can only be approved with no other AA cards in the last 18 months.