FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cancelled AA flight - How far can i push it?
Old May 28, 2014, 5:12 pm
KeaneJohn

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by liamrugby
Hello,

I'm off to Tampa in Feb 2015, BA J to ORD then AA F to Tampa and AA F Tampa to Miami then BA J back - was only £1500 and gives me a pile of tier points so a bargain all round. I've also managed to upgrade with avios to F on the outbound but not yet on the inbound..

The Tampa to Miami AA flight has been cancelled, it was at around 16:30 and they've booked me on a flight two hours earlier. Clearly i don’t really want to spend an additional 2 hours in MIA if i can avoid it and it set my off thinking I may be able to use it as an excuse to push BA to re-route me; potentially via somewhere that has F availability home or even via somewhere that gives me more TP's. I would suspect asking for a re-routing via HNL may be a step too far but does anyone have any experience of using a flight cancelation to leverage BA into changing routing to your benefit?

Cheers

I have had exactly the same situation.. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...g-options.html

My options were any re-route at my own cost, (the costs being current fare vs sale fare so almost double the price) travel earlier ex London, or return later. They would not budge on it. Decided to travel from London 24hrs earlier now so instead of dinner at the airport hotel with an old friend I get from 3.30pm Saturday afternoon to 11am Sunday in Miami now and arrive in Cancun 2hrs 30 minutes before my original scheduled time of arrival.