FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premium at Lax
Thread: Premium at Lax
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2014, 8:24 pm
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
I would much rather drive around in a Camry or Passat for 18 days across the country.

If you want to drive an oversized muscle car, rent it for a day or so in LA to get it out of your system, then drive something that is comfortable and fuel efficient for the rest of your stay.
THIS. To everyone on this board! The Camaro/Challenger/etc are great for a day to spin around in. But for any amount of miles, they are very uncomfortable IMO.

Originally Posted by mittencuh
I've never seen an Avis Challenger.
They have plenty. Maybe not as many as 2 years ago, but they have them. I think they're specialty.

Originally Posted by mittencuh
Generally, or a VW CC perhaps. The 300 is a comfortable cruiser, though generally Avis' Taurus are highly optioned so you may enjoy that as well.
I'd agree that a 300/Taurus with options would be a safe bet for a long drive. The Buick was underwhelming to me and seats weren't thrilling, but maybe you'll feel otherwise. Instead of an MKZ, I would go for a Titanium Fusion (if they have one on the lot). Same basic car, but the Fusion should have lane-departure system and lots of other toys that the Linc won't (Avis' MKZs are very basic since Ford has been doing well at selling the high end ones to non-fleets).