FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Account Hacked / Reports of Fraudulent Award Travel Redemption
Old May 27, 2014, 2:34 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I don't follow the agent's logic here? If he/she feels this person must be so close to you, then why not identify them to you?? It's your account and should be able to verify the details of any transaction against it.

Has this moron never heard of keystroke loggers? And how many of us have found ourselves, at one time or another, needing to use a public use computer for which we have no control over the security measures taken (or not) to check or change something with an itinerary? Just truly absurd. I acknowledge the paradox here, but one truly hopes that karma visits a digital compromise on this individual resulting in irrevocable loss and suffering.
This is the same reaction that customers initially got when they reported unauthorized cancellations of their CA itineraries - UA customer service refused to believe the activity was unauthorized and refused to do anything. It is to me a horrible indictment of UA's customer service that when presented with an instance of unauthorized account activity, their consistent first reaction is to blame the customer.

By contrast, I recently had unauthorized activity in my Amazon account. I called, and they GOT IT immediately. I could not be more satisfied with how quickly and effectively Amazon responded.