FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Pointbreaks discussion
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2014, 2:29 pm
dontippet

Originally Posted by iahphx
I really don't know what folks are expecting with this. I guess they've thrown in a few "surprising" hotels over the years, which has raised expectations. But let's face it: it's summer in the Northern Hemisphere and that means it's time for most hotels there to make some money on leisure travel. I NEVER expect to book a vacation from this list; just to hopefully find a couple of hotels in cities that I'm passing through. I EXPECT these hotels to be odd, and certainly not their best, most convenient, and most expensive properties.

Still, a lot of these "odd" random HIX and Staybridges can cost $120+ night, or 20,000+ points, so I'm grateful when I can pick up a couple of almost-free nights.

If you want more from the PointBreaks program, I think you're going to be disappointed every time a new list comes out. Personally, I'm glad there's "a list" at all, since none of the other chains do anything like this.

I agree. Actually, this is the best list I've ever seen. Been monitoring the list for about 1 1/2 years, and I've never reserved from the list before. This time, I reserved five total nights at two different locations.