FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR A388 schedule changed?
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2014, 2:52 am
Phil the Flyer

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by CX390

Even worse, I booked Class F from CAI-DOH-LHR, which only provide Biz service on the first leg and first class service on the second leg. Once it changed to 77W, even second leg will only provice biz service, but they still charged me F fares, which is 3 times of C fares...without any notice...
I'm flying the same route (CAI-DOH-LHR) 9 days later. It will really rub salt into the wounds if they try and charge you QAR40 to use a lounge at DOH (as reported on another thread) because your onward journey is in business, not first.

Isn't your best bet to contact QR and downgrade the entire journey to business class (still keeping the 'first' CAI-DOH)? You're right about price: a one-way CAI-DOH-LHR in business is circa EGP5k, the same trip in first is circa EGP12k.

What's really annoying is that I specifically 'cleared the decks', from a schedule point of view, to enable my wife and I to experience F on an A388.

By the way - welcome to FlyerTalk.