FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A few positive words about UA's international C
Old May 26, 2014, 11:29 pm
andrewwm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
6 months ago - but will be on them tomorrow!

Food on my UA EWR-FRA I'm on right now is nothing I haven't seen for 2-4 years now. Same old stuff. And I'm sure none of the wines on the menu will be catered.

I'll take some pics tomorrow on LH and will report back.
I find LH's food to be basically plated Y food (which, to be fair, is much better than UA's Y food), but it's still small portions/not particularly tasty. UA's food is nothing to write home about, but it's usually fairly edible and filling.

The LH FAs I've had in C are hit or miss, same as UA. LH has better alcohol selection. UA has a much better entertainment selection.

The LH old C seat is an embarrassment for a global airline. The new seat is pretty nice, I'd marginally prefer it to UA's seat.

Overall, net/net, I'd say they're about even. To be honest, all of the major TATL carriers are about even in C.

AF/KLM/Delta/UA/AA/LH/BA have about the same seats and service standards. I guess one could try some of the foreign carriers in C for novelty value but I usually just choose the most convenient one now, no point in going out of the way to fly on any of the above.