FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your travel goals - ones you've reached, ones you are aiming to reach.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:22 pm
skywalkerbeth

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 2P
Your travel goals - ones you've reached, ones you are aiming to reach.

Good evening

I recently was perusing my passports and realized I'm about to embark on trip number 45 to Europe. All personal time, nothing work related. A few of them were long wkds in London and one was a 2-nighter in Paris (big Monet exhibit I wanted to see before it left). The rest were of varying timeframes. I'm fortunate to have a lot of leave time at work.

I know that is nothing compared to our mileage warriors here but I'm still proud of it! I have decided I'm going to hit 50 times by age 50 (which is a few years off, and given that I already have some more trips in the hopper just in 2014 I will hit that no sweat).

I also have a running tab of my UNESCO World Heritage sites. I'm only at 62 currently so I think I'm going to work towards 100 next (of which a few more will occur by the time I hit number 50 to Europe).

After that will be hitting the rest of the continents that I haven't visited. That would be Australia, Asia, Africa and Antarctica. The closest I've been to Aus or Asia is New Zealand.

I haven't done a RTW trip yet. Would that require several months, typically? For anyone who has done one, how did you plan it and how long did you stay away?

Would love to hear your goals and some highlights from them as well! I'll come back later with some highlights.

Muchas Gracias!