FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Help Getting to Paris for 2
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2014, 8:24 am
GiventoFly

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

It really does not look like you'll be able to accumulate the necessary miles to travel this Summer, even if you could find low-tier award space.

For future reference, if you can depart from JAX, and if you can find low-tier award space on all-UA flights, a JAX-CDG-JAX roundtrip (via IAD or EWR) could be had year-round for 43,000 Amex MR points, transferred to ANA's (distance-based) FFP.

For low-tier award travel between October 15 and May 15, 40K AA miles will get a roundtrip between MCO and CDG. (If you hold a qualifying Citi/AA credit card, 10% of those miles will be rebated to you, up to a maximum rebate of 10,000 miles per cardholder per year.)
This is exactly what I was hoping someone could share with me. Leaving from JAX is no problem really. I actually think I can rack up 86K MR points relatively quickly for both of our flights.

I might consider a Citi AA card next. I apped a few months ago with them, just trying to get my foot in the door with them, and got declined for inqs, so I'll probably wait a couple of months and let some of these new inquiries age off, and then maybe app for that card.

Originally Posted by szehui
I think I might also get the Hyatt card for its sign up bonus - 2 free nights at any Hyatt. Use them for the Park Hyatt Vendome.

Noted! Thanks for the suggestion. Not a bad idea at all!