FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Class Upgrade Bidding Initiative - your feedback sought
Old May 26, 2014, 5:43 am
NYCtraveler

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
This is 2014 peoples.....

I still think from a revenue perspective this is a good idea. I think perhaps to lessen the blow they should offer a free 1 class upgrade, If this does happen, to all their most senior fliers. That said.......

I just re read through this thread and noticed the following words again and again.

Loyalty, Loyal, Revenue,Loyalty, Loyal. What do you really really believe is most important to Cathay Pacific? And all the airlines? REVENUE. We are in 2014 and customer service is close to dead in so very many industries.

As an Aside.....My Grandmother...so we are going back years, was always a full fare first class flier and round the world cruiser. When AA Began the American Advantage Program her comment was similar to many of yours. "I don't want these people in First class who haven't paid for it, service will suffer" .....I say to you all Look at all the Frequent Flier programs that have sprung up since?

I would rather sit next to someone who had ponied up the $$$$ for an upgrade then somebodies AsiaMiles freebie ticket....The Wierdo's who come with mileage tickets are sometimes real nutters! I can tell you the stories of the people I have flown with in F on Cathay who have done everything from getting caught stealing the bathroom toiletries to having to be tied down with cords from headphones.....Both of these persons were on free tickets according to the FA's.

There are many changes in the wind, if you think op up's, Status and Loyalty are going to get you a free bump to the front of the plane in the future, I think you will have a rude awakening.

Safe travels to all!