FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]
Old May 25, 2014, 8:42 pm
skibum7732
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
When I got approved 2nd time, I didn't want to move any CL from other citi cards and I told the rep the $5k is enough for me.

Because when you close this card, they wouldn't let you transfer the CL to other citi card without a hard pull. I wasted $8k CL when I closed the first one.

Can anyone answer this?

So I recently called for retention offer on my Citi AA biz due to the AF, Call got disconnected and when I called back, the card was already closed by the previous rep and I told the rep it is ok and let it be closed. Than the next day Citi pulled my credit report, hard inquiry and received a letter in mail saying they will review my request for reopening the card but I need to send in tax docs first. I called few times and spoke to few managers who did nothing. I finally got one agent to look in to this and she called me back next day saying she listened to all the calls and apologized to me for so much of my time wasted having to remove the inquiry. She promised to give me 10k miles on my Citi Exec card. Told me I should see this when the statement closes. My Citi AA biz was closed so she told me she could do this on the Exec card. Now my concern is I intend to close this card soon to avoid the $450 AF. I got the fee charged 10 days ago. My statement closes in end of June.
Will I still get the 10k courtesy miles the Rep gave me if I close this card?
maybe