FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New requirement to swipe passport when exiting the US and Canada
Old May 25, 2014, 3:27 pm
seawolf
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
New requirement to swipe passport when exiting the US and Canada

I stand by my original comments. Still don't see the "far from accurate" part you are referring to. Perhaps some hard concrete examples?

What is being exchanged is listed in black and white in the links you provided. Any more that may be exchanged beyond what is documented is your speculation. From the links you provided, land entry information will be exchanged. Air entry/exit is not being exchanged in any future phase.

If anything, the article and the title of this thread, are what is far from accurate and that is what I mean by the discussions in this thread overinflating the scope of the initiative because FT members are discussing based on an the article does not accurately report on the initiative to begin with.

Airlines today already swipe passports at checkin today. The only new requirement is that this info will be required to be provided to CBSA when departing from Canada. US already require this.

The title of the thread should really be renamed to "New requirement to swipe passport when exiting Canada by air and CBSA/CBP to exchange land entry data."

If I'm missing something from reading the links you provided, then please quote the relevant passages.