FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The stupid PNR auto-splitting at T-24 needs to stop
Old May 25, 2014, 11:24 am
John_Montana

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
No worries - if you didn't spend time on FT (or dig around in your account settings), it would be easy to miss

Not sure how it works w/instruments vs. going for a CPU with respect to splitting (I'm sure someone can jump in to clarify). Honestly, that R seat could be snapped up at any minute...I'd just get the split over with now and snatch it up. It will then be F3R0...most likely R won't pop open again until just before T-24.
Ok, good advice. I just split the reservation myself, and called UA to request the R upgrade for my companion. She's now confirmed in R, and I still wait-listed. The UA Agent suggested I check 4 hours prior to departure for R class availability, because R & F are "leveled out" at that time. He said I could then bypass the airport upgrade list, assuming an R comes available. (if this is all true, I'm sure it's not news to many, but this is all news to me){

I'm going to keep checking for R Class availability, probably annoying my GF on our last day of vacation, and hope to get an upgrade for myself.

Cheers!
John