FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Four Points Midtown, New York [Master Thread]
Old May 24, 2014, 8:55 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by thaliajen
I'm going to NYC next month and am staying at Sheraton TS as usual, but I'm going to stay on points on the last night so I stay at this 4 Points, the Westin by Grand Central, or remain at the Sheraton. All are 12K points.

I've read horrific reviews of the Westin, which surprises me. This 4 Points hotel seems to be getting really nice reviews in comparison. Because I've been sent to Vegas so much in the last 2 years where we're contracted with M Life, I'm actually having to work for my Plat Status this year. Plus I'm SOOO close to Platinum Lifetime Status.

I'm paying for the 3 nights at Sheraton TS but need to use points for the 4th. Since I need another stay, I booked 4 Points. Now the Westin is offering same amount of points for a stay- rare for a NY Westin.

Does this 4 Points offer upgrades to Plats? It sure sounds nicer than the Westin. I don't understand why they only give 250 points as opposed to 500 points as a Plat Amenity, but the two 4 Points I've stayed at were both nice properties. This one has comparable rates with the Sheraton TS and again, same amount of points to stay here as Westin Grand Central.

The one drawback is the small rooms as I'll have extra luggage with me and need a bath b/c of nerve damage to my leg. Anyone know if the rooms offer tubs and not just showers? I have 3 weeks to change it but after reading the reviews on the Westin Grand Central's own website, I'm more than likely going to stay at this 4 Points.

Any Plat stay recently and get an upgrade? I did see they have suites. It's also nice to read that the staff is kind. I've stayed at almost every NYC property and rudeness is usually the #1 problem. That and tiny rooms. But I guess that's NYC!
Stay at the Westin Grand Central. I use both properties. The 4 points is fine for a single traveler that doesn't spend much time in the room. The hotel is clean, easy in/out but no frills. The Westin is a more upscale property. Rooms and bathrooms are much larger.