FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aman vs. Relais & Châteaux
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2014, 12:42 am
Kagehitokiri
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a related thought - there are also luxury properties that go beyond including dinner at the hotel's public restaurant, and are all-inclusive. (like ballyfin although it does not include all alcohol.) most common in NZ/AU, plus safari-style properties. ive always been interested in properties that have dining private to guests, especially with full facilities. i enjoyed my stay at the lodge verbier, which is bookable by room only during summer and last minute during winter. although after my stay i will keep in mind another reason to explore 'backup' properties in the area - at very small properties, even if there can be privacy, the other guests/mix does matter. (much moreso than at properties that are not very small.)

good service at villa del quar, appreciate the post. its 11km to Arena di Verona (opera) and in-between feltrinelli and venice.

Originally Posted by TheBrownPrince
they usually just have one restaurant which is formal so the "informal" stuff can be more customized.
hmm. that is certainly good to hear. (seems villa del quar casual restaurant only opened fairly recently in 2009.)

but is that true at R&C (and other) properties where it is basically a restaurant with michelin stars (especially michelin 3 star) etc that has a few rooms attached? well, some of them have some facilities. but the dining focus remains. and besides the idea of 'formal' versus 'informal' there is also the aspect of degustation/tasting-menu only where one does not have any choice. which is not a preference shared by all, and/or desired at all times.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; May 24, 2014 at 1:04 am