FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emerald Prepaid Card, Alternative methods to load (after demise of VR) for MS
Old May 23, 2014, 7:15 pm
Hilbe

Originally Posted by PtsJunkieWI
I "get" that you disagree with this methodology. And I acknowledge both your opinion and logic. Thank you for being an enthusiastic sounding board.^
But, I counter that you don't have to harp on it!

I am avoiding additional cash & MO transactions, above my current cash/MO level. Period. That is the reason.

It took a long while to settle into nearly $25k of MOs and cash greenbacks moving around without getting in trouble with my various banks. I am happy with that equilibrium. I am ok with not doing as much as others do, perhaps you yourself do much more. Awesome!

I do my other $15-$25k MS in electronic methods. i.e. 3x Bluebird BP, Simple BP, Emerald BP, direct branch payments (with MO!), etc.
With Relits in my area (at 5% CB, mind you), and utilizing the T-M card (Relit fee is refunded), I'm actually *saving* $40+ versus when I used to load it via VRs, netting a tidy profit of $214.50 / month, or $2562 per year (incl BP fees).

Emerald is a nice, safe $5k route, at minimal cost for me ($37.40/month). It might be for others, also. Diversification is not a bad thing, even at a (minimal) cost!
I agree. I'm on the 3xBB, a few MOs, and HRB now to mix things up. Not all my eggs in one basket. Been thinking about trying out some limited PayPal work as well...